Monday, September 5, 2011

Journal 3: The fear of driving

I believe that everybody has at least one fear in his or her life whether he or she can realize or not. My fear seems very awkard because I have a fear of driving. Actually, the first time when I learned how to ride a bicycle, I was fallen at least a hundred times. While my sister just need 3 days to know how to ride, I spent all my summer vacation. However, this is not a principle reason that creates a fear in my mind but the accident happened when I learn to drive scooter.  Indeed, to have me learn how to drive, my father sit behind me on the scooter. At the beginning, everything was ok until I stubbed a little stone on the street, my driving was not strong enough to get a scooter be on a straight direction. Therefore my dad and I were fallen on the street. Thanks god, there is no scooter that passed at the time but my father's back were spraint and he cannot walk for several days. By this day, I really afraid that I would hurt someone if I drive. Now, when I come to the U.S, I try to learn driving car. This time, my sister is my driving instructor. Guess what?? I actually have a big accident. My car bumped into the other car of the same direction, no one was hurt fortunately.
Some tells me that you have to overcome your fear, nothing is impossible but it is not easy as it is said. For instance, I did face my fear when I learned driving little by little and got my driver's license after three months. However the thing is, even I drive carefully, I don't feel comfortable because I know that I am responsible to whom I drive with. I am afraid that I will hurt one I love same what I did with my father. Moreover, you can hear about transportation accidents each day, that makes me really stress when I drive because I was wondering how I am sure that I am not the next.
All in all, I have successfully got my driver's license that encourages me so much. Now I have to face my fear. Hopefully, I can do it better.  

2 comments:

  1. Good writing! Before I learned how to ride bicycle, it take my long time. After that, I learned how to drive scooter. Scooter is easier to learn .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, when I learned to ride scooter, I have the same problem. I bumped into my neighbor's wall and my fingers got injury. Finally, I overcame it and I miss the day riding it in Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete