Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Journal 4: Snowing day

Some people considere the weather in California as ideal because it is warm most of the time, not so hot, not so cold. However this weather makes California not be my favorite place, simply because I regret that there is not winter. I love winter because of the snowing days and other activities we can do during this time.
First of all, snow is the most beautiful thing in the world. I love the way how little snowflakes fall into my hand. Those are really soft and cool. Moreover, after the snowfall all the night, everything was covered by a twinkle white which can reflect under the sun. Everything seems to be more brilliant. Then, when I walked on the street, it was sometime really interesting when I observed on the snowy ground. Since the traces of my feet were stamped on the ground, I realized that I was the first person who have passed this way in the early morning, or I can see the trace and imagine that there might have a beautiful girl wearing a huge heel just had a promenade with her lovely dog. I remembered the first time I saw the snow five years ago when I moved to France, I was really excited. Actually, it was at a very late night, the snow begun and I jumped out quickly from my bed, opened the windows and just see the snow. My aunt blamed that I was crazy because drivers can get a trouble in snowing. Indeed, many streets had to be closed because of the snow, the others street will become slipperery. People have to slow down their speech. so they might be late for their works or their studies. Eventhough sometimes it was hard to wake up in the morning and then I had to wait the subway and got late after all, I still love snowing day because it is really beautiful.
In the front of my "ex-house"

On the other hands, there are a lot of interesting activities that you can do during the winter. You can go to some mountain on vacation and play skiing. Even if you cannot afford to go to the mountain, you can also go to skay. Some might say that these activities are dangerous but there are still one of the favorite sport in the world. During the snowing days, I can get out with my little cousin and make a snowman. I have to say this is not really easy because we were planning  to make a big snowman. it required a big effort when you have to run around to make each ball bigger and bigger and then they must perfectly round. With the cold temperature, this season is a perfect occasion for fashion. You can see people with different styles walk around. With a hot weather you can never see anyone with different kind of beautiful scarfs, caps, coats, or boots. Furthermore, do you thing is that meaningful when your family gathers arounf the fireplace to celebrate the christmas and admire the snow outside? You will appreciate how happy you are.
The walking street to home

Looking out from my window bedroom
Finally, when the snow melts, it becomes very dirty. I know that I was lucky because Paris has the snowing days but not like in the East Cost of the U.S where the winter becomes a nightmare of the most of people. Perhaps, that might be the reason I see the winter in the positive way. Or it is simply because I am romantic person who was affected by the hundred of the romantic story about winter. After all, if there has no winter, people might not realize how much the shinny day is precious.

5 comments:

  1. nice picture!you can remember what happened in you childhood,good memory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, I hope I can have the same interesting experience in snowing day like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realyyyyy misss snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.I want winterrrr heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job!

    l hope oneday, i can go to NY in Christmas, and enjoy snow day~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can always go to big bear mountain or Mt high or even mammoth mountain. There you can play in the snow all you want, and then less than 2 hours later, be at the beach in the same day! California is the best!

    ReplyDelete