Sunday, September 11, 2011

Journal 5: Temporary home

"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home

My favorite song is "Temporary home" sung by Carrie Underwood. That song is really striking me at the first time I listened to because of the lovely melody and the meaningful lyrics.
Country music was never my favorite since I was thought that this kind of music is old, Therefore by the time my sister shared this song to me, I had predicted that it would be bothering. However the emotional voice of Carrie Underwood makes this song be smooth, tender. I feel like seeing a pure, calm lake which bringing to me a peaceful moment.
Moreover, the lyric is the best part of the song. The lyric tells us three stories of three different personnages. They are an orphan 6-year-olds boy, a single mom with her little girl and a grandfather passing away. They are in their hard situation but they are not afaid because where they are is just their temporary home.  The song is perfectly fit my view in life which is every hard moment people have got in life is just temporary therefore they should prepare to fight against it with an optimism.
All in all, the melody and the lyrics are a perfect combination. The combination inspires me when I first listen to and encourages me to step on my way. It is the great song that you should not skip over eventhough you are not a country fan and then, listen carefully each word which is very simple English but powerful.

7 comments: